Friday, June 19, 2009

We have a heartbeat!!!



Today was awesome. I'm at 6w and my lil man's heart is fluttering away!!! It was such a wonderful thing to see, that little flickering on the screen, and I can't wait to hear it! Jolene says we should be able to hear it next week, and they'll also be able to determine his heart rate. She said it was a little early to determine the heart rate today, and he was being a little difficult to find today- in the picture and back out in like .2 seconds! lol One tiny movement of the wand, and *poof* he was off the screen!

I expected to see a yolk sac with newborn-size feet, but alas, no feet yet! lol He's about 2.5mm crown to rump. It's amazing to think that you can see the heart beating in something that tiny.

I love you, cocoa puff!!! Can't wait to see you next week!!! ♥

5 comments:

Lindsey said...

I know! The heart beat is amazing. I get a kick out of the fluttering more than I do the sound!! I heard my little bug's heart beat for the first time last appointment (6 wks, 1 day). I was shocked to say the least! Amazing!
You're allowed to post more pictures!!! :)
I bought an early gender prediction kit today. It says in the instructions that you can use it as early as 6 weeks. ?? It says on the website 10 weeks? Hum.
It was $30. A little pricy but I think it will be well worth the entertainment:) We are going to do it first thing tomorrow morning.

Lexie's thoughts said...

Ohh!! I just can't wait till that lil man is here!!

Amber said...

Lindsey - let me know how what you find out with the prediction kit. I'll get one and do it when my lil man is at the same gestational age as your little bug was when you did yours, and we'll see what happens when our anatomy scans come up! But if mine test says it's a girl, we'll definitely know the test is flawed, which means you're back to square one with a 50-50 shot. :-P

Amber said...

Lexie - I can't wait til he's here either. He and Anthony are gonna be buddies! And I'll have hand-me-downs for LIFE! lol

Sherry said...

Yay!!! I'm so excited for you and Tucker!!!